"You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you.” -- Joseph Campbell
September 4, 2012
Published 6/6/12 (revisited 9/4/12)Summer Goals …
- read 40 books (pleasure, not academic)
- learn a language
- do absolutely no shopping; ie. put money into my savings
maintain my 4.0
- visit/see my friends as frequently as money and time will allow
- go to the beach
- become a totally boss wizard on Pottermore
- consume absolutely no soda
- decide to love something
- Rekindle an old friendship
- get a tan tattoo
- go to the Drive In Movies
- go to an outdoor concert
- enjoy a thunderstorm
learn how to fuse glass
- keep my sanity and escape the summer unscathed.
I managed two things out of sixteen.
My failure is all encompassing.
What I actually did this summer:
- Completed two grad classes
- Wasted Money
- Didn’t see any of my friends
- Read maybe 6 books
- Went nowhere and did nothing meaningful
I start my fall semester in 7 days. The beginning of fall is in 19 days. This summer was a total waste.